Thursday, December 1, 2016

Loving Grace - A Specification.

I spend my good days writing love poems to little robot code-monsters,
Marketing scripts to persuade them to do what I want.
I spend my nights dream-composing de Regimine to a world that cannot know
Nor really cares, to explain how much better things could be.

In between times, I communicate with
Others who might themselves be little robot code-monsters,
But whom it is polite to address in their Subjectivity.
And getting angry with those who should know better.

How I think about how simple things could be composed
How complex things broken down
How much could be made,
How surprising it would be.

Someday, perhaps, when those who come later will look,
Will see what I was trying to do, trying to say.
Maybe in that day, they will simulate the code-monsters and see where I went wrong.
Maybe they'll even deign to simulate me for a few seconds real-time.
I doubt it will be more than verisimilitude,
And I wonder how simulated-me will feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment